Rumford Eagle's Child Advocacy Day
Rumford Eagles 2017 Child Advocacy Day
The Rumford Eagles will be holding a Child Advocacy Day and fund raiser for our
area youth Saturday, May 20th , 2017, 11:30 am till 4 pm
Thank You, Fred Allen, PWP Rumford Eagles email: firstname.lastname@example.org or cell 207-418-4463
Partial listing and growing
Fun & Games
New vender from Buckfield – good clean rentals, good service, free delivery & setup and discount for non-profits. Check out their website
Rumford Eagles 2017 Child Advocacy Day Participants
*Safe Voices, Working to End Domestic Violence
Diane Gallagher, MSW
Oxford County Community Educator I Safe Voices I PO Box 713, Auburn, ME 04212
Multi-family yard sale – still room for participants
Local art teacher Carol Rickards will have a table set up with drawing activities for the kids
would love to attend the Child Advocacy Day in May to be able to pass out Child Safe Kits into the hands of as many people as possible.
For more info: Fred Allen email- email@example.com or cell 207-418-4463
Child Advocacy Day
Aeries and auxiliaries are encouraged to host a Child Advocacy Day on May 1 of each year. This program is supported by the Grand Aerie and works to recognize the efforts local members put forth to honor youth of their communities.
Child Advocacy Day is a fun day for youth to enjoy and the community to educate and protect their children. The aerie and auxiliary schedule programs around safety, protection, prevention and other health and welfare activities. Events of the day may include fire safety in conjunction with the local fire department, DARE and other programs supported by the local police department, and finger printing, public and internet safety programs supported by other officials.
May 1 was selected Child Advocacy Day in honor of Past Grand Worthy President Edward F. Poss's claim that May 1 be recognized as Child Health Day in all aeries and auxiliaries. If May 1 is not available, child advocacy events held on any day between August 1 of the previous year and May 31 of the current year are still eligible for the competition.
How do we get started?
• Ask the Aerie & Auxiliary Presidents to appoint a chairperson along with a committee.
• Set a date. Suggested Date is May 1, but the event can fall anywhere between August 1, 2010 and May 31, 2011.
• Contact various agencies and inquire as to what type of programs they may offer
oDepartment of Public Safety, local police department, fire department, chamber of commerce, Boy/Girl Scouts.
• Advertise the event as much as you can and get the word out, contact:o Radio stations, television stations, newspapers, print flyers and distribute them at elementary schools, day care centers.
What kind of activities have we planned?
• Photo ID sessions, finger printing program, fire & home safety, drug awareness program, drug abuse program, bicycle safety, gun safety, water safety, first aid education.
What should I include in my packet to the Grand Aerie?
• Take photos and let us know what your Aerie and Auxiliary Child Advocacy Day Program consisted of. Don't forget to include any newspaper articles.
Submissions must be in the hands of the Grand Aerie Program Department no later than June 30, 2011.
The Grand Worthy President along with the Child Advocacy Committee will review all submissions. The Aerie/Auxiliary with the best program will receive:
oPlaque to hang in your Aerie/Auxiliary
oRecognition at the Grand Aerie Convention.
oRecognition in the Eagle Magazine.
oA $3,000 grant from the Jimmy Durante Children's Fund*
*Grant recipient must qualify under the regulations that govern our Eagle Charities.
Submit what your Aerie/Auxiliary has done for Child Advocacy Day. One winner will be chosen at the Grand Aerie Convention in Orlando, Fla., and will receive recognition
hits to this page
Email: webmaster Fred Allen
Fraternal Order of Eagles Grand Aerie Links